Facing fierce competition, Dunkin’ Donuts of Central Pennsylvania needed to position its individual stores as community businesses to increase customer loyalty. The national chain planned a four-month long Community Hero campaign in the South Central Pennsylvania region to honor outstanding citizens who keep their communities running. The campaign included, several blood drives, fundraisers for the American Red Cross, and a ceremony to honor 10 outstanding community heroes nominated by their peers.
La Torre Communications:
- Conducted a targeted earned media campaign that placed news about the program in community newspapers and on local television news programs throughout the duration of the program. Coverage included:
- Live in-store television news interviews with Dunkin’ employees during blood drives;
- Evening television news coverage of the Community Hero Award banquet;
- Community Hero Award winner profiles in newspapers; and
- Calls for nominations in newspapers, on television and on radio.
- Positioned Dunkin’ Donuts stores as community-oriented businesses with an invested interest in their neighbors.
- Planned and organized community involvement, including breakfast donations to schools.
- Created a unified message for Dunkin’ employees to use when speaking about the campaign.
La Torre Communications helped Dunkin’ Donuts gain key media placements across South Central Pennsylvania, connecting stores with their customers on a more personal level and increasing sales. Dunkin’ Donuts of Central Pennsylvania has implemented the Community Hero program as an annual campaign.