Looking for a challenging, paid internship at one of the top full-service public relations and public affairs firms in Harrisburg? La Torre Communications seeks part-time interns to work approximately 20 hours a week during spring, summer and fall sessions.
Internship responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases;
- Writing op-eds and letters to the editor;
- Pitching stories to the press;
- Writing and managing social media;
- Staffing media events; and
- Compiling media reports.
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior with the following qualifications:
- Proven ability to quickly write high-quality press releases, letters to the editor and social media messaging;
- Familiar with media relations;
- Articulate and well-organized;
- Knowledge of AP Style;
- Ability to meet deadlines; and
- Self-directed problem solver.
Interns must be highly motivated. If you’re looking for an internship that will challenge you, apply now! Journalism, public relations, communications, political science and similar majors are encouraged to apply.
We require sixteen to twenty hours per week (Monday–Thursday) completed during standard business hours. If you cannot meet these time requirements, please do not apply.
- Spring session: October 21
- Summer session: March 4
- Fall session: June 30
All deadlines are by close of business that day.
Submit your application below, including a cover letter, resume and one to two writing samples. Appropriate writing samples include: news article, press release, letter to the editor, op-ed or social media planning document. Do not include a research paper.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.